vente-privee.com: the online private sales leader announces £823.7 million gross turnover for 2010 and a 15% year-on-year increase
Created 10 years ago by Jacques Antoine Granjon, the website reinforces its e-commerce leadership with rocketing results in 2010
The French market is the bedrock of the business generating a massive £676M of the £823.7M international turnover, (+11% on 2009). The Spanish site racked up the second highest turnover with £63.4M (+34%), closely followed by Germany with £60.3M (+33%), Italy with £17.9M (+ 64%) and finally the UK with £6.4M (+114%). These figures reveal vente-privee.com’s growing success both in France and Europe, where the online private sales pioneer is becoming a key e-commerce player with virtual doors now open in Germany, Spain, Italy, the UK, Austria and Belgium.
‘Everyday e-commerce further establishes itself as an essential new distribution channel. As a leading e-retailer, vente-privee.com is driven by the desire to constantly innovate and to be where you least expect.’
Jacques-Antoine Granjon, CEO and vente-privee.com founder
A young (average age of 31 years) and multicultural (40 nationalities) company, vente-privee.com has more than 1,322 team members in Europe, including 350 new recruits in 2010. At the heart of the business lie the core values of innovation, creativity, diversity and exchange.
vente-privee.com: one of France’s favourite brands
With more than 12.3 million members including 2.7 million recruits in 2010 and 7,300 daily sign-ups across Europe, vente-privee.com has become one of France’s most visited sites in just 10 years. In 2010, members snapped up 41 million products from 3,500 sales, with more than 75,000 parcels dispatched each day and a peak of 109,827 on 2 December!
vente-privee.com has become a well-trusted brand earning itself numerous titles and prizes since 2005. In 2010, trophies include:
- Four of the seven prizes at the prestigious GP Bullhound Momentum Awards, a first in the history of these digital media awards.
- Best ‘Pure Player’ at the ‘Ascel du Numerique’ Awards organised by the French Association of E-commerce Professionals.
- Elected ‘Customer Service of the Year 2011’ by the French marketing studies institute BVA in the ‘sales event’ and ‘distance selling’ categories for the second year running.
- ‘Innovation Prize 2010’ at the third edition of the AFRAC French Customer Relation Awards.
vente-privee.com: an elegant shop window for brands
Ever more local and international brands call on vente-privee.com’s savoir-faire, expertise and guidance to sell their end-of-line stock in a qualitative way. In 2010, 511 new brands joined the company’s 1,200-strong brand portfolio. The site is an alternative distribution channel that helps brands to improve their reputation and image. According to a TNS Sofres study conducted in 2010, nearly four out of 10 members bought in a brand’s shop after having had the idea on vente-privee.com.
At the end of 2010, vente-privee.com also unveiled its Digital Factory by vente-privee.com, Europe’s No.1 image production centre (3,800m²). As the top client of French modelling agencies, the ‘factory’ is entirely dedicated to creating beautiful virtual shop windows for brands.
2011, the e-commerce revolution continues!
For 2011, the company forecasts £940 million turnover, a year-on-year increase of 14%, and 3,770 sales.
The company has set itself various challenges:
- Spread its savoir-faire across Europe by opening new subsidiaries, with a Netherlands opening planned in 2011.
- Increase its logistics capacity by opening new warehouses in Milan.
- Reinforce its partnerships with companies in the travel and entertainment industries.
- Capitalise on its e-commerce expertise by sharing logistics, customer service and marketing savoir-faire with web agencies.
World No.1, vente-privee.com pioneered the online sales event concept. Specialising in selling brand overstock since 2001, the online retailer organises exclusive events-based sales for its 12.3 million members. Featuring more than 1,200 major international brands, the website offers a wide range of product categories: from fashion to homeware, sports products to electronics. The members-only sales last from two to four days and, thanks to privileged partnerships with brands, offer irresistible discounts of up to 70%.
With a team of 1,322 employees and 7 countries, vente-privee.com posted a £823.7 million gross turnover 2010 (+15%).
Conversion rate 1EUR = 0.85GBP, 24 January 2011